Waterford Camogie is the umbrella body of camogie in the county of Waterford. Established over 80 years ago camogie is now a thriving modern-day sport for young women across Waterford. Camogie was recently granted UNESCO intangible Cultural Heritage status. We provide a regular games programme for our members ranging from under 6 years right up to adult level. This includes fun blitzes for u6s/u8s/u10s and competitions for under 12s, under 13s, under 14s, under 16s, minor as well as adult junior, intermediate and senior. We have approx. 320 club games each year. We also do a lot of development work. We also work closely with both primary and secondary schools. We aim to provide for lifelong involvement in the sport of camogie. In recent years Waterford Camogie has gone from strength to strength.
- 19 club teams participating in 14 different competitions.
- 4 intercounty teams participating in All Ireland competitions
- 2 adult teams playing in Division 1 and in Division 3 league and in All Ireland Senior and Junior All Ireland championships along with Munster championships.
- Minor (u18) and under 16 teams playing in Minor A and Under 16A All Ireland championships and in Munster championships also.
- 5 intercounty development squads (u14 * 3 squads and u15 * 2 squads)